That's not the title of my autobiography, but another update for Atomic Society on Steam, featuring some new social issues, some new buildings, and a lot of polish and fixes. Thanks for your patience with us as we continue to take this game to the finish line. We hope you enjoy the latest features.
More improvements are already in the works…
Version 0.1.7.0 Patch Notes
Note: Due to some big changes to the game’s code, this update will not be compatible with existing save games. You’ll need to start a new settlement once the update has been downloaded.
• New Social Issue added - Prostitution: Citizens may now act as prostitutes and take time off work to service clients at the nearest tavern (if available). This provides a shelter bonus to the client and prostitute, but decreases work productivity and it isn’t always safe being a prostitute in the post-apocalyptic world…
• New Social Issue added – Patriotism: Certain citizens now feel very patriotic about your fledgling new town and want others to feel as they do. They will periodically attempt to “convert” others so that they feel patriotic too. If successful, their target will join the town’s belief system and gain some morale. If not, the target will be offended and leave town. You can decide how to handle the patriots,
• New building added - Courthouse. You can now improve the justice system of your town by researching and building a Courthouse. The new Courthouse is used to prevent negative side-effects such as innocent people being executed, etc. You’ll need 3 of them if you want to block everything.
• New building added - Canteen. Citizens can now cook their food and boil their water at the new Canteen structure. Once researched, the Canteen acts as a communal kitchen for the town. It must be built within walking distance of a storehouse. This building will improve the food/drink so it provides more sustenance. But this building does need a regular supply of wood to keep the stoves burning so you’ll have to handle that.
• 2 new decorative buildings added. You can now add even more post-apocalyptic style to your shanty town with the new “gazebo” decorative building and the stylish new “tyre tree”. It almost feels like paradise…
• New pathfinding (navigation) system added: Last but not least among the major changes (and one of the reasons why this update has taken so long), is the new pathfinding system we have added to the game, replacing an older/buggier one. This new system should cut out a lot of quirks/bugs and make people choose more sensible routes in general.
• The game now gives you a reminder to save every year. This message can be disabled in the interface options.
• Builders now have a max range radius and won’t construct anything that is too far away from their workplace. This will help players who like to build several small settlements, as before builders would frequently die trying to walk long distances to construct something on the other side of the map.
• Made the camera automatically zoom out for convenience when you switch into Overview Mode.
• Character appearance and naming options now persist between games/quitting to desktop.
• Made it so defence/guard tower coverage always shows when placing any kind of building, so you know where to put things. You can disable this in the interface options if you don’t like it.
• Added some story text and artwork when you first build the Trade Shack, giving some extra details on the trader and where he comes from.
• Added sound effects when you agree to research something or make a deal with the raiders.
• Improved salvaging UI slightly so it’s clearer when scavenger focus is enabled that the search is still working.
• Various buildings have had their upgrade (electricity) costs adjusted.
Important Bug Fixes:
• Fixed: A bug where sometimes the game refused to load a save game (duplicate name issue).
• Fixed: Issues with the research centre being unusable if it collapsed.
• Fixed: A bug that let the town leader gain infinite bag space if you saved and loaded at a specific point.
• Fixed: A bug that let the leader run through rivers and lakes.
• Fixed: Some inaccurate news feed messages regarding the Town Hall and Tavern.
• Fixed: The culture critic effect was affecting all needs, not just morale, making people receive less from boosting.
• Fixed: A bug where buildings/citizens appeared highlighted when they weren’t selected.